Any business that has not embraced the internet, and all the technology that comes with being connected, is in for difficult moments. Today, all the top businesses have a solid and robust online presence. In other worlds, being online is the best hunting grounds for new customers and clients nowadays. Ever since the advent of the internet, the dynamics of doing businesses have changed greatly. From online marketing and advertising, to online buying and purchasing of goods, everything is being done online.
- Today, a business must have a website where potential clients and customers can learn more about your goods or services. Such a website should have the services or goods on offer, cost, your contacts, FAQ, better known as frequently asked questions, and so on so forth.
- Having a website is just the first step; you’ll also need to embrace social media. This can include having a business page on Facebook, Twitter, etc. The way you brand yourself will likely attract new customers, or drive them away.
- Today, more and more people are turning to the internet to learn of the best or latest places to shop, visit, eat, hang out with friends; the internet has made the world a global village. People are ordering for goods online, paying for them online, and having them delivered right at their doorsteps.
- That aside, over 70 % of the global population rely on mobile phones, and other hand held devices to access the internet; therefore, when designing your site, ensure that it is mobile friendly.
- The internet has also disrupted the traditional advertising that relied on newspaper ads, radio and TV ads; digital marketing is way much cheaper, and 10 times more effective than the traditional advertising.
- Offline businesses have been tremendously disrupted by the internet, and any business that doest embrace technological advancements does so at its own peril.
The reason behind starting a business is always because one wants to make profits. A business that is not making profits is clearly living on borrowed time; you risk making enormous losses, or even closing down the businesses once and for all. The location you select for starting up a business matters a lot; you should always conduct thorough market research to identify places where you’re likely to thrive well. Surprisingly, the top places to do places today are in third world countries; companies like Apples, General Motors, Samsung, etc, all have shifted their attention to places like China, India, that have big emerging economies.
Below are some of the top 5 places to do business;
1. China; China has a population of over 1.3 billion people, and this represents a huge market for any goods or services. The cost of labor and doing business in China is 10 times cheaper, compared to places like places like US or UK. Almost all of the biggest companies in the world like Smartphone manufacturer Apple, Toyota, General motors, etc, have set tent in China.
2. India; India is another lucrative market that every investor should consider setting tent in. With over 1.2 Billion people, India provides a particularly good market for mobile phones and other gadgets, Apps and Software, etc. The IT sector in India is excellent even by global standards.
3. Singapore; Singapore offers a skilled workforce, zero tolerance to corruption, and general stability.
4. Africa; the African continent is also home to some emerging economies, with a huge market segment that remains untapped. Countries like South Africa, Kenya, and Nigeria have an ever increasing middle class with the purchasing power needed to keep any business thriving.
5. Cologne; Cologne is also a great place to set up your business. The process of registering your business is easy and fast, and the government offers tax exemptions to companies that employ locals.
Much as these are some of the top places to set up a business, at the end of the day, what determines your location is the kind of business you want to set up, and the budget you have.
For more information please view the video below.